Fundamental and applied research and developments in the area of creation of integrated information-telecommunication networks and systems:
- mathematical models of networks and systems;
- methods of controlling networks and systems;
- advanced telecommunication technologies, methods of creation of advanced hardware facilities;
- technologies for search, processing, transmission, storage and protection of information in the networks;
- Internet technologies.
Fundamental research and applied developments in the area of stochastic systems:
- methods and algorithms for analysis and control in complex stochastic systems;
- applied technologies for R&D and education.
Theoretical problems and applied technologies in the area of accumulation, processing and representation of information:
- methods and software development for processing textual information;
- technologies for analytical processing of information in real time mode;
- methods and hardware development for image processing;
- means for generation electronic images of documents.
Creation of information-computerised systems of new generations:
- interoperable environments of information resources;
- high efficiency systems with hybrid architecture;
- emulation and functional testing of computer networks;
- architectures of naturally-reliable computation patterns;
- CAD tools.